In celebration of Black History Month, the City of Maricopa would like to share with you the stories of African Americans who have made significant contributions to American Culture, Science, and Technology.
Please enjoy leaning more famous African Americans by following our daily list of Featured Contributor...
The City of Maricopa is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Management’s vision is “to be open, responsive and accountable while serving the public with integrity.”
The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this position. Other duties may be required, assigned, and expected commensurate with the administrative needs of a newly incorporated city.
Maintains a complex records filing system in accordance with approved Records Retention Schedule by creating, updating, and filing electronic and paper-based records. Establishes and maintains various cross-reference indexes; prepares labels and file folders; completes State mandated forms under supervision of a police supervisor; purges inactive files, destroys obsolete files by shredding or recycling; assists other departments in organizing records, destroying records, and similar activities as assigned.
Essential Duties are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills. They are intended to be accurate summaries of what the job classification involves and what is required to perform it. Employees are responsible for all other duties as assigned.
- Processes contracts and agreements by receiving contracts, organizing legal review, obtaining signatures, distributing materials, and archiving agreements and contracts.
- Assists the public with information retrieval by copying and distributing requested documentation and providing general information regarding departmental policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Supports the Police Department in performing clerical and administrative work by answering telephones, providing customer assistance to the public, processing mail, processing and tracking requests for public records.
- Maintains knowledge of laws, policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the office of the Police Chief to assist in performing a variety of highly complex duties in office.
- Other duties as assigned.
Any combination of experience and training comparable to two years’ experience in work with public contact, preferably related to processing police records and basic operational, technical or office processes; maintaining records and working with computers and customers. Graduation from High School or GED required. Must have a typing test on file with a minimum of 35 wpm typing speed.
· Appointments to positions in the Police Department are subject to meeting established polygraph and background standards
- Microsoft office experience
- Associate's degree in business, communications, or related field
- Public Sector experience
- Spillman RMS experience
Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, which provides the
requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job, may be substituted for evaluation at the discretion of city management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Microsoft Office products including Word and Outlook
- Excellent phone etiquette and verbal communication skills
- Punctual and dependable with excellent attendance
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects in order to meet deadlines
- Efficiently and effectively file important document related to the Police Department Work cooperatively with the general public and other City employees
- Handle a high volume of calls, visitors and tasks professionally and time efficiently
- Complete work with limited assistance and supervision after learning routine techniques and procedures
Physical Ability: Tasks require the ability to exert light physical effort including, but not limited to, lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling, etc. of objects and materials of light weight (generally 25 pounds and less). Tasks may involve extended periods of time in seated position and at a keyboard or workstation.
Project Management: Tasks require the ability to schedule, coordinate, and manage various projects of varying degrees of difficulty, size and complexity.
Equipment, Machinery, Tools, and Materials: Tasks require the ability to operate, maneuver, and/or control the actions of equipment, machinery, tools, and/or materials, commensurate with duties of the position.
Social and Interpersonal Communication Skills: Position requires professional social and interpersonal communication skills, requiring significant internal and external interaction.
Reasoning: Position requires the ability to exercise judgment, decisiveness, and innovation in situations involving evaluation of information.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified in this position. This job description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the job change.