Make a COMET Reservation:
- Contact the COMET Customer Service Representative to request a transportation reservation at (520) 316-6959. Reservations may be made each week day from 7 a.m.-4 p.m.
- For reservation assistance via Arizona Relay Service (AZRS), a public service provided by the State of Arizona and administered by the Arizona Commission for the Deaf and the Hard of Hearing (ACDHH), visit azrelay.org.
- Prices and Destinations:
- $1 per person, one-way, within the City of Maricopa on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- $3 per person, round trip, to regional medical facilities (details below)
ABOUT THE COMET
The City of Maricopa operates a demand response transit program called the City of Maricopa Express Transit or "COMET." Transportation services will be offered to the general public at a cost of $1 per person for a one-way trip. COMET provides demand response services in Maricopa on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Trips to regional medical facilities in Chandler and Casa Grande are offered at a cost of $3 per person for each round trip. There will be limited service to Chandler Regional Hospital on Tuesdays and to Casa Grande Regional Hospital on Thursdays. Stops may also be made within a five-mile radius of both of those locations. Demand response services are shared ride services with pick up and delivery from curb to curb. Reservations must be scheduled at least one business day prior to the appointment; however appointments can be scheduled up to a maximum of five business days in advance. All rides are subject to availability with the first pick up at 9 a.m. and the last drop off at 5 p.m. Services will not be provided on City-recognized holidays.
The Reservationist will need and request the following information:
- Complete Address (pickup location)
- Telephone number
- Destination (complete address)
- Appointment time
- Will the individual be travelling with a mobility device
- Emergency contact telephone number
- The Reservationist will take information and provide the rider with an estimated pick up time.
For additional information or assistance, you may contact the COMET Customer Service Representative at (520) 316-6959.
Maricopa is the home of the only Amtrak station in Arizona. For information on traveling on Amtrak, please visit amtrak.com.