Stay up-to-date on City of Maricopa news by signing up for City of Maricopa News, Events and Emergency Notifications!
City of Maricopa to Take Over RAD Services
Starting on January 27th, the City of Maricopa will be taking over control of the Right Away Disposal (RAD) Waste &Recycling Center at 46250 W. McDavid Road in Maricopa.
The change in control will save local taxpayers money, while also allowing the City to make positive changes to the facility.
“The City is taking control of RAD in order to continue providing waste and recycling services to our residents,” City Manager Rick Horst said. “This change is being made with anticipation of enhanced services being added in the future.”
There will be no changes to services, including the fee schedule in place, and the hours of operation. The Waste & Recycling Center located at 46250 W. McDavid Road in Maricopa will remain available from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. each Saturday.
The following items are accepted:
- Trash and Debris: $5 per bag or $15 per yard
- Recyclable Material: No Charge
- Standard On-Road Tires: No Charge
- Large Off-Road and Industrial Tires: Price Varies per Tire
- Car Batteries: No Charge
- Electronic Waste: No Charge
- Limited to TVs, Computers, Printers and other Household Electronics
- Water Based Paint (in a leak-free container): No Charge
The following items are NOT accepted:
- Medical waste (bio-hazard)
- Liquid waste (oil, cooking oil, household chemicals, etc.)
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Septic tank waste
- Industrial waste
- Auto bodies and engines
- Stain or non-water based paint