The Communications Division coordinates all external communication between the City and its residents, as well as playing a key role in the City's goal to provide an open and accessible government.
As a rule of business, the Public Information Officer (PIO) is the Official Spokesperson for the City of Maricopa. With the exception of straightforward information questions (e.g., "what are City Hall hours of operation?"), inquiries about the city from all media representatives (including student reporters) are to be referred to the office of the PIO.
The City PIO is charged with responsibility for providing the information, opinions or policy interpretation or for referring the reporter to the city employee with the appropriate expertise, as well as the administrative responsibility and authority, to officially respond. Please email Media@maricopa-az.gov or call (520) 316-6911.
City Modifies Services in Response to E.O. 2020-18
City of Maricopa Offers Virtual and Curbside Alternatives in Response to Stay-at-Home Order
March 31, 2020, Maricopa, Arizona – In compliance with Executive Order 2020-18 “Stay Home, Stay Healthy, Stay Connected,” the City of Maricopa has made the following modifications to their services, effective 5 p.m. today. Thank you for continuing to stay informed as we provide you with resources and activity through alternate means while ensuring your well-being and safety.
- Maricopa City Hall: City Hall remains closed to the public, however, curbside offerings for essential services will continue.
- *CORRECTION TO ORIGINAL RELEASE* Passports: Passport services are available on an emergency-basis only. To locate your nearest center currently accepting passports, click here.
- Building Permits: The majority of permits may be completed online via our Permit Center. City Hall is still accepting paper check payments curbside.
- Public Records Requests: Requests continue to be processed via our online Public Records Request Form.
- City Council Meetings: City Council agendas may be accessed online here. The next City Council meeting is scheduled for April 21 at 7 p.m. and may be viewed live on ourCity of Maricopa, Arizona - Government Facebook page; videos are also available to view both live and 24/7 on the City of Maricopa YouTube channel.
Should you have any questions, please contact City Hall at 520-568-9098 during business hours between 7 a.m. – 6 p.m., Monday – Thursday. Please make sure to follow our City of Maricopa, Arizona – Government Facebook Page for the latest updates.
- Parks: Copper Sky and Pacana Parks remain open. Restrooms, playground and fitness equipment will be closed, along with Copper Sky’s softball/baseball complex. However, a wealth of amenities remain available for use, including the softball fields at Pacana Park, skate park, dog parks, tennis, pickleball and basketball courts; disc golf course; fishing; and trails.
- Copper Sky Multigenerational Complex: Curbside service/equipment checkout will discontinue as of close of business today, but our committed staff encourages you to practice good health, remain active and celebrate this beautiful weather! Please follow our Copper Sky Facebook Page for free virtual fitness classes, family night activities, yard games, art projects, nutrition tips, and more.
- Maricopa Public Library: Library curbside services also discontinue as of close of business today, however we are excited to offer you increased online alternatives. Virtual Storytime, singalongs and book recommendations are just a few activities to enjoy from the comfort of your own home, so make sure you follow our Maricopa Public Library Facebook Page! Items currently checked out may be returned normally through our outside book drop-off located at the left side of the building.
Thank you for your patience as we develop and fine-tune City operations to best support our Maricopa community during an otherwise challenging time. We hope you remain healthy and safe and look forward to continuing to serve you.