The Communications Division coordinates all external communication between the City and its residents, as well as playing a key role in the City's goal to provide an open and accessible government.
As a rule of business, the Public Information Officer (PIO) is the Official Spokesperson for the City of Maricopa. With the exception of straightforward information questions (e.g., "what are City Hall hours of operation?"), inquiries about the city from all media representatives (including student reporters) are to be referred to the office of the PIO.
The City PIO is charged with responsibility for providing the information, opinions or policy interpretation or for referring the reporter to the city employee with the appropriate expertise, as well as the administrative responsibility and authority, to officially respond. Please email Media@maricopa-az.gov or call (520) 316-6911.
City of Maricopa Draft Subdivision Ordinance Update
The City of Maricopa is accepting comments on the final draft of the city’s Subdivision Ordinance and applicable Zoning Code Sections.
The City of Maricopa is accepting comments on the final draft of the city’s Subdivision Ordinance and applicable Zoning Code Sections. Over the past three years, the code update has been heavily vetted through several public outreach mechanisms, such as a city steering committee meetings, public forum review meetings, stakeholder outreach, and public web and newspaper notices. The city is now ready for the possible adoption of the code. The city will accept comments until the date of possible action for recommendation by the Planning and Zoning Commission to the Council on June 8, 2020, followed by possible approval and adoption by City Council on July 21, 2020.
The goal of the code update are the following.
• Streamlining process and ensure meet AZ state requirements for hearings
• Creating firm and directed guidelines for extensions and modifications to existing and future platted subdivisions
• Inserting processing graphics, flowcharts and tables for better understanding of steps
• Correct Subdivision Ordinance to be inline with Zoning Ordinance and Design Manual (standards)
A copy of P&Z Commission presentation that was presented at the May 11, 2020 meeting is also available to download for further information on the code update.
Copies of the updates of all chapters detailing the changes are available for public review at the Maricopa City Hall or can be downloaded below or you may request a copy by email at Rodolfo.Lopez@maricopa-az.gov, or by telephone at 520-316-6986.
• Article 14-1 Definitions
• Article 14-2 Administration
• Article 14-3 Types of Subdivisions
• Article 14-4 Platting Procedures
• Article 14-5 Maser Plan Development and Planned Area Development
• Article 14-6 Design Standards
• Article 14-7 Improvement Requirements
• Zoning Code Article 207 Planned Area Development Districts
• Zoning Code Article 510 Planned Area Development Procedure
Comments can also be submitted here.