Stay up-to-date on City of Maricopa news by signing up for City of Maricopa News, Events and Emergency Notifications!
Reminder of Gov. Ducey’s Executive Order for all Businesses in Maricopa
Post Date:06/22/2020 4:07 PM
Return to full list >>
Maricopa, Arizona, June 22, 2020 The City of Maricopa wishes to remind you of the latest Gubernatorial Executive Order 2020-40 and that the "litmus test" for wearing a face mask is whether 'one' can be socially distanced from other people, especially while in the public domain. Pursuant to Exec. Order 2020-40:
All business, whether for-profit or non-profit, institution, profession or entity that physically operates in the State of Arizona and serves the public or is an employer SHALL develop, establish, implement and enforce policies that adopt guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Department of Labor, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the Arizona Department of Health Services (ADHS) to limit and mitigate the spread of COVID-19, including the following for employees and/or customers:
- Requiring face coverings when physical distancing is not feasible;
- Ensuring physical distancing:
- Promoting healthy hygiene practices;
- Intensifying cleaning, disinfection and ventilation practices;
- Providing necessary protective equipment;
- Monitoring for sickness;
- Allowing for and encouraging teleworking where feasible;
- Providing plans, where possible, to return to work in phases; and
- Limiting the congregation of groups of no more than 10 persons when feasible and in relation to the size of the location.
Please note that this is in effect immediately, so please take the necessary measures in your establishment to install and adhere to the proper guidelines as outlined in this Executive Order. The responsibility of the first level of enforcement lies on businesses, managers, and store owners.
Details of the Governor’s Executive Order and new requirements for businesses, restaurants and bars are below.
View the Governor’s Executive Order HERE.
View requirements for businesses HERE.
View requirements for restaurants and bars providing dine-in services HERE
Beyond the Governor's order, the City of Maricopa further requests that any time while in public and unable to socially distance, that you properly wear a face mask to protect yourself and others that may be around you.