Getting Ready to Apply
Prior to completing the online employment application, gather the following information so that you can complete your application more quickly:
- Contact Information
- Name, address, phone number, and e-mail address
- If your account was previously created, ensure this information is still current
- Institution name, location, major/minor, and degree received
- Number of credits earned if you have not received your degree
- Current and former employers
- Dates of employment an addresses
- Position title held at various employers
- Reason for leaving
Information to complete your profile once you have registered.
- You must select at least one job for which to apply.
- You cannot submit a general resume to the City.
- Your online employment application may take up to thirty (30) minutes to complete.
- Press the Save button periodically as you advance through the application. This saves a draft of your application and prevents you from starting over in case of a system problem.
- The system will time-out after 20 minutes of inactivity.
- The system can accept the following file types to upload a resume: Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text Format (.rtf), Text (.txt), or PDF (.pdf).
- You must press the Accept & Submit button in order to complete the application process; the Save button does not complete the application process.
- Once you press the Accept & Submit button, you cannot edit/revise your application for the same employment opportunity.
- All on-line applications must be submitted by the closing date.
- You can print a copy of your completed application for your records.
- You will receive a system-generated email when your application has been received.
Please notify Human Resources if you require an accommodation to participate in any phase of the selection process.
If you have any questions about the application process, please send an e-mail to HR@maricopa-az.gov. Please note: Job applications received by the City of Maricopa are considered public records.
NeoGov Online Application Tool FAQs
How do you see the jobs available with the City of Maricopa?
What if you want to sign to Governmentjobs outside of the above link?
What if I don't understand how to use the NeoGov/Governmentjobs website is there help?
What if I forgot my NeoGov password?
What if I forgot my NeoGov User Name?
What if I don't see a job I am interested in now, but I want to work for the City of Maricopa?
- Sign in to your account and create a Job Interest Card. This will allow you to receive email notification if your area of interest becomes available in the future.