The City Clerk is the officer responsible for City elections and will serve as your point of contact for any election related questions. The City Clerk will be more than happy to provide you with prospective candidate documents, voter registration information and polling place information.
Through an Intergovernmental Agreement with Pinal County, the City of Maricopa holds Council elections in the fall of even-numbered years. Other elections may be called on an as needed basis.
- Primary Election is held on the first Tuesday in August
- General Election is held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November
The City Council is a seven member non-partisan body elected to serve at-large, representing all citizens. The Mayor and Council serve four year terms and there are no term limits.
Offices Up for Election in 2020:
- Mayor Christian Price
- Councilmember Marvin Brown
- Councilmember Julia Gusse
- Councilmember Nancy Smith
Note: Only registered voters living within City limits are eligible to vote in local elections.
Voter Registration, Early Ballots and Permanent Early Voting list
The Pinal County Recorder is responsible for voter registration records. Please visit the Pinal County Recorder's page for the following:
- Register to vote, verify your registration, or update your current registration
- Request an early ballot for an election
- Request to be placed on the Permanent Early Voting List (PEVL)
You can also visit the Arizona Secretary of State's web page to find out if you are registered to vote.
Please contact Pinal County at 520-866-7550 or click here to find your polling place by entering your address.