The City of Maricopa's Economic Development Project Manager is dedicated to helping entrepreneurs and small businesses locate the assistance they need to be successful in the community. A strong partnership with the following local organizations allows us to offer a wide menu of services:
- Arizona Commerce Authority, Small Business Services - start, operate and grow a business in Arizona
- Maricopa Chamber of Commerce - small business assistance
- Central Arizona College's Small Business Development Center - business start-up assistance
The bulleted items below are economic development programs, assistance opportunities and tools designed to assist the business community:
- Ombudsman Assistance Program
- Market & Demographic Research Assistance
- Site Selection Assistance
- Additional Holiday Season Businesses Signage
- Pre-Application Conferences
- Development Services Project Expeditor Position
- Fast Track Permitting Program
- Bid Notification System - City of Maricopa bid postings
- Vendor Registration
- Facade Improvement Program
- Assistance Obtaining State Incentives (Job Training, R&D Tax Credits, Quality Job Tax Credits, etc.)
- City Development Agreements
Start Up Resources
If you are starting a new small business in the community, there are several useful resources and online step-by-step guides to assist you through the initial process.
- Learn about the Business Registry Program online or in person at Maricopa City Hall, 39700 W. Civic Center Plaza, Maricopa, AZ 85139 during business hours.
- Arizona Commerce Authority provides an online checklist for starting, operating and growing a business in Arizona.
- Trade Names, Trademarks & Service Marks - AZ Secretary of State
- Arizona Entrepreneur's Edge - AZ Commerce Authority
- How to Start a Business in Pinal County - Central AZ College SBDC