Per Executive Order 2020-36: Stay Healthy, Return Smarter, Return Stronger, effective Saturday, May 16, Copper Sky Multigenerational Center will reopen with restrictions in compliance with state guidelines set forth by the Governor’s Office.
The following areas will be open beginning on Saturday May 16, 2020 during regular business hours:
- Fitness Floor (See STATE GUIDELINES FOR GYMS AND FITNESS PROVIDERS)
- Gym Floor
- Indoor Track
- Competition Pool (open 7 a.m. – noon Saturday and Sunday, to resume normal business hours May 18. This does not include open swim.) (See STATE GUIDELINES FOR POOLS)
- The public restrooms at Pacana and Copper Sky Parks will also be open for public use.
Childwatch, Group Fitness, Activity Rooms and any other area not referenced herein will be unavailable for use. Showers and locker rooms are unavailable, however, restrooms are open for use; please be prepared to change offsite.
Be prepared for reduced capacity, reduced amount of equipment, and potential wait times for facility access due to compliance with social distancing and sanitization guidelines. Upon first return visit, patron will check in to Member Services to reactivate membership and utilize self check-in thereafter.
Patrons should be prepared for the modifications outlined here.
Additional information and direction regarding membership and facility usage will be distributed via email and Copper Sky Facebook Page in separate communications.
The Copper Sky Recreation Complex is the sporting, fitness, recreation and leisure destination in Maricopa. Comprised of the Copper Sky Multigenerational Center and the Copper Sky Regional Park, this expansive recreational development offers state-of-the-art equipment, grand green spaces and fantastic programs designed to enhance Maricopa residents' quality of life.
The Copper Sky Multigenerational Center is a 52,000 sq. ft. recreation center where people of all ages and interests can come together.
The center offers:
- Top-of-the-line fitness equipment including a variety of treadmills, ellipticals, stationary and spinning bikes
- Resistance training machines
- Free weights
- An elevation running/walking track
- Two aerobic/dance studios and classes
- Two full-size indoor basketball courts
- Activity and multi-use program spaces
- A catering kitchen
Make good health and fitness part of your life! Sign up and enjoy the perks of a Copper Sky Multigenerational Center membership which includes:
- Unlimited access to the Multigenerational Center and Aquatic Center
- Select group fitness classes
- Men's, women's and family locker rooms
- Open swim, lap swim and family swim
- Open gym (volleyball, basketball)
- Walking track
- Child Watch
- Month-to-month membership payment plan option
- Discounts on annual memberships
The Copper Sky Regional Park encompasses 98 acres, offering endless opportunities for fitness, fun and leisure.
The park includes:
- A five-acre fishing lake stocked with bass, rainbow trout, catfish, bluegill and white amur
- A special event amphitheater surrounded by 9 acres of lawn
- Two interactive playgrounds
- Six shaded ramadas with BBQ grills and picnic tables, plus one 5000 sq. ft. group ramada
- A dog park with separate areas for active and timid dogs
- Eight multi-purpose sports fields (four are lighted fields)
- Three lighted softball fields
- One full-size lighted baseball field
- Two enclosed batting cages with pitching mounds
- Two lighted tennis courts
- A lighted skate plaza
- Two lighted basketball courts
- Two lighted sand volleyball courts
- Two regulation horseshoe pits
The park is open from sunrise to 11 p.m. daily unless closed for a special event.
LAKE RULES AND REGULATIONS:
Fishing in park ponds, lakes and streams is free and open to public. Arizona Game and Fish Department rules and regulations apply. Anglers age 10 and over must purchase a valid license. The City of Maricopa recognizes all special regulations as well as statewide regulations as determined by the Arizona Game and Fish Department.
Copper Sky Lake and Pacana Pond are designated by the Arizona Game and Fish Department as Community Fishing Program waters. Special regulations apply with reduced daily bag limits for the fish.
- No bodily contact with water
- No feeding of wildlife or waterfowl
- Do not drink the water
- No pets are allowed in the water
- No boats, inner tubes or other floating devices are allowed in or on the water
- No netting, spearing or trapping fish
- No stocking of fish into any park ponds, lakes or streams
- No removal and transfer of live fish from any park ponds, lakes or streams
- Fishing is allowed only during open park hours
PARK RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- No campfires allowed without prior approval.
- No dunking booths, hot air balloons, pony rides, or livestock without prior approval.
- Tents must be pre-approved and location coordinated with Community Services Department.
- Ramadas may be used if they are not previously reserved by another group.
- Athletic Fields must be reserved separately from Ramada rentals. This must be done through the Community Services Department.
- Dogs must be restrained at all times by a leash. Voice command does not constitute control.
- All wildlife in City Parks is protected.
- It is unlawful to cut or destroy any vegetation within a City Park.
- All vehicles must park in designated areas on pavement only.
- It is unlawful to wade or swim in Park ponds, lakes or streams.
- All firearms, airguns, crossbows, and bows and arrows are prohibited.
- It is unlawful to litter in City of Maricopa Parks.
- Advertising in City Parks is prohibited unless otherwise approved by the Director of Community Services.
- Park curfew for all community parks is 11:00 p.m. to sunrise.
- Any person wishing to sell any item in a City park must apply for a Park Vendor's Permit through the City of Maricopa Community Services Department, must possess a valid Business License issued by the City of Maricopa and may also be required to obtain a Health Permit from the Pinal County Health Department.
- Unauthorized vehicles are prohibited on Park property, except in designated parking areas.
- No golfing or driving of golf balls in City Parks.
- Please obey all "FIELDS CLOSED" signs.
- No glass bottles or containers in City Parks.
- Alcohol may be consumed in City Parks only by adults 21 years of age or older with a valid Alcohol Permit issued by the City of Maricopa.
- Fishing in park ponds, lakes and streams is free and open to the public with valid license. All fishing is considered catch and keep unless otherwise posted and is subject to the City of Maricopa's Lake Rules & Regulations. The City of Maricopa recognizes all special regulations, as well as statewide regulations as determined by the Arizona Game and Fish Department.
- The use of tobacco products in City Parks is strictly prohibited.