Join us for the City of Maricopa’s first-ever Pacana Park Pumpkin Walk! The event takes place at Pacana Park (19000 N. Porter Rd. Maricopa, AZ 85138) on Saturday, Oct. 26 from 6 – 8 p.m. We encourage you to decorate and display your pumpkin for your neighbors to admire. Better yet, register your pumpkin between 2 – 4 p.m. for an opportunity to win up to $250 in the Great Pacana Pumpkin Decorating Contest!
Event activities include:
Three Ways to Win Cash and Bragging Rights
- Great Pacana Pumpkin Decorating Contest – Register your pumpkin between 2- 4 p.m. at Pacana Park for a chance to win a ribbon and $100 when you enter your pumpkin into one of three categories: Funniest, Scariest and Most Ingenious Use of Pumpkin. Judges will also select a pumpkin from all entries to win “Best in Show” and an additional $250 cash prize! Save time and complete your registration online! You may also print and scan your completed form and email it to email@example.com.
- Pacana Pumpkin “Battle of the Classes” Contest – Attention teachers and parents of students grades K-8: take 30 seconds to register your class or child’s class into this contest for a chance to win an engraved trophy and pizza lunch with special guest Mayor Christian Price! All you have to do is....
- Register your class online,
- Encourage your students to enter the Great Pacana Pumpkin Decorating Contest, and
- Include their teacher’s name, grade and school on their Great Pacana Pumpkin Decorating Contest entry form when they register! The class with the highest percentage of participation (determined by number of registered participants divided by class size) wins!
- #PACANAPUMPKIN Fan Favorite Contest – Post a public photo of your decorated pumpkin on Facebook with the hashtag #PACANAPUMPKIN between Oct. 23 and Oct. 25 at 11:59 p.m. for a chance to win $100 courtesy of A+ Charter Schools!
Pacana Park Pumpkin Patch
Bring at least five nonperishable food items to donate to F.O.R. Maricopa Food Bank for the opportunity to select a free pumpkin from the Pacana Pumpkin Patch! (first 300 guests, while supplies last).
Local businesses and nonprofits are welcome to share their wares and services with no vendor fees! All they have to do is register their business online and provide either 20 lbs. of candy/treats to pass out OR provide an activity with supplies for a minimum of 100 children (i.e. face painting, arts and crafts, etc.). In exchange they will receive a 10 x 6' space along the Pumpkin Walk Path for their business or organization.
4H Club Petting Zoo
Tractor Hay Rides sponsored by Stotz Equipment
... and more!