What is a Redevelopment District?
A Redevelopment District is an area designated by the Mayor and City Council as being in need of revitalization. It is not a quick fix up of the area designated, but is used as a tool to encourage and aid private development. The Redevelopment Plan lays out broad goals and guidelines for the area to be revitalized.
Citizens Advisory Committee
The Heritage (Redevelopment) District Citizens Advisory Committee is a group of individuals dedicated to the success of the Redevelopment District Area Plan, and the continued involvement of community stakeholders in all decision-making. Past Committee activities include area cleanup events and the creation of design guidelines for new development in the area. Committee meetings are generally held at Maricopa City Hall Council Chambers on the second Thursday of each month, at 5:30 p.m.
Current Committee members as appointed by City Council:
- Melodee Breazeale, Committee Chair
- Stacey Vannasdale, Vice Chair
- Lucia Rodriguez, Secretary
- Thomas Degraphenreed II
- Terrence Vyfhuis
- Sheena Jenkinson
- Grace Gomez
For a list of agendas and minutes, click here.
The liaison for the Heritage/Redevelopment District Committee is Adam Shipley. Email Adam or call 520-316-6992 for any questions related to the Heritage/Redevelopment District Committee.
District Plan, Façade Improvement Program, and More
- Adaptive Reuse Flyer
- Facade Improvement Program Application
- Facade Improvement Program Contractor Bid Forms
- Facade Improvement Program Flyer
- Facade Improvement Program Guidelines
- Maricopa Facade Improvement Program Guidelines
- Redevelopment Area Plan
- Heritage District Design Guidelines
- Facade Improvement Program Powerpoint
- Maricopa Redevelopment District Map