The City of Maricopa has adopted the 2018 edition of the International Building Codes with an effective date of January 1, 2019.
(Note: All approved standard plans currently on file must be updated to the 2018 edition of the Code.)
- International Building Code, 2018 edition
- International Residential Code, 2018 edition
- International Mechanical Code, 2018 edition
- National Electrical Code, 2017 edition
- International Plumbing Code, 2018 edition
- International Fuel Gas Code, 2018 edition,
- International Existing Building Code, 2018 edition
- International Energy Conservation Code, 2018 edition
- International Property Maintenance Code, 2018 edition
- International Fire Code, 2018 edition
Amendments are included in Exhibit A of the adopting ordinance and resolution.
Please refer to City Code - Chapter 7: Building Regulations for City-approved amendments.
Proper use of the building codes is verified by the City of Maricopa through a three-tiered process - plan review, permit issuance and inspection.
Building plans must be submitted to be reviewed to determine compliance with the building, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, fire codes & ADA Standards set forth in the adopted codes as well as the City’s engineering and planning & zoning requirements.
Construction permits are issued after review and approval of construction plans. An electronic permit application and plans must be submitted to the city prior to beginning any construction project. Contact our office to determine if a permit is required for your proposed construction.
Once a permit is issued, inspections are required at different phases of a project, and are performed to ensure construction is in accordance with approved plans and City adopted codes. Inspectors and permit technicians attend regular training to keep up-to-date with construction and technological changes.