The Code Enforcement team maintains the character and aesthetic quality of the community by working with property and business owners to ensure compliance with existing codes.
Code Enforcement News
- Unlawful to conduct any business which causes excessive traffic, noise, odor or other unsafe or undesirable conditions as a result of the business.
- Unlawful to allow or permit excessive, unnecessary or offensive noise which disturbs the peace and quiet of the adjoining property or neighborhood.
- Unlawful to allow or permit noise which causes discomfort or annoyance to any reasonable person
- Unlawful for any person to maintain or cause a nuisance or fail to perform any act required to remove or stop a nuisance. This includes failure to comply with a court order or abatement.
- For barking dogs, please contact Animal Control at (520) 866-5111
- Unlawful to allow or fail to maintain residential pools where water becomes stagnant or is considered a health or environmental safety risk.
- Report green swimming pools to Pinal County Environmental Health at (866) 287-0209.
- Unlawful to attach any sign to a utility pole or structure, streetlight, traffic signal, tree, fence, fire hydrant, park bench or other location on public property.
- Unlawful to place signs within the right-of-way, median, or sight visibility triangle.
Any sign not specifically listed as permitted by this Article is prohibited, including but not limited to the following:
2. Signs mounted, attached, or painted on trailers, boats, or motor vehicles primarily, or left in a location for more than 24 hours, stored, or displayed in a manner intended to attract the attention of the public for advertising purposes. This does not prohibit the identification of a firm or its principal products on a vehicle operating during the normal course of business or being taken home.
3. Signs attached to any utility pole or structure, streetlight, traffic signal, tree, fence, fire hydrant, park bench or other location on public property, unless otherwise specifically addressed in this Article.
4. The use of pennants, banners, balloons, streamers, and similar displays, except as permitted in Section 409.12.
5. Off-site signs, except those listed in Section 409.12 and 409.13 of this Article.
6. Subdivision weekend directional signs (bandit signs).
7. Signs displayed in a manner or locations that prevent free ingress and egress from a door, window or other exit.
8. Signs displayed in a location in such a manner as to obstruct or interfere with an official traffic sign, signal or device, or signs that obstruct or interfere with the driver’s view of approaching, merging or intersecting traffic and signs within the road medians or signs that are otherwise prohibited by this Article.
9. The use of reader panel signs, except as permitted in Section 409.08 of this Article.
10. Signage on wireless communication facilities unless otherwise required by the City.
11. Signs placed on walls, utility poles and housings, traffic control poles, or control panels, and mailboxes.
- Unlawful to conduct more than four (4) garage sales per year.
- Signs are limited to residential districts only and cannot exceed four (4) square feet in area.
- Signs may be displayed no longer than 72 hours (3 days) and must be removed at the conclusion of the event/sale.
1. Yard, carport, or garage sale signs shall be limited to Residential Zoning Districts and shall not exceed four square feet per residence. Such signs shall not be up longer than three consecutive days.
2. Yard, carport, or garage sales shall be limited to no more than four sales events per calendar year.
3. One temporary, unlighted, two-sided sign shall be allowed to be placed at the residence of the sale.
4. Up to four directional signs may be placed for announcing the holding of a yard, carport, or garage sale and shall be allowed to be posted in a Residential District.
5. Signs cannot be placed on public sidewalks or within the sight visibility triangle. Signs may be placed a minimum of seven feet from the back of the curb, or seven feet from the edge of the pavement where no curb exists.
6. Yard, carport, or garage sale signs shall not be placed on walls, utility poles and housings, traffic control poles or control panels, and mailboxes.
7. The property owner of the yard, carport, or garage sale event shall be responsible of noting the name and address on the back of each sign.
- Unlawful to place or cause to be placed any refuse upon public or private property within the city limits except as permitted.
- Owner or person in control of any private property must maintain premises free of litter, weeds, filth or debris at all times.
- Unlawful for a person to deposit any refuse in any non-public container that he or she does not own or is not otherwise entitled to use.
- Exposed storage of any abandoned vehicle or abandoned vehicle parts on any private property within the city limits for a period of 15 days or more is considered a nuisance and dangerous to public safety and is prohibited.
- Abandoned vehicle is any vehicle:
- Without current license plates or tags
- Under repair taking 72 hours or more
Against Abuse, Inc.
119 N. Florence St.
PO Box 10733, Casa Grande, 85130
Admin: (520) 836-1239
Crisis: (520) 836-0858
Ak-Chin Social Services
48227 W. Farrell Rd., Maricopa, 85139
P.O. Box 10281, Casa Grande, 85130
Alzheimer's Association - Desert Southwest Chapter Central Arizona
1028 E. McDowell Rd., Phoenix, 85006
American Legion Post 133
44240 W. Maricopa/Casa Grande Hwy
P.O. Box 152, Maricopa, Az. 85139
American Red Cross Grand Canyon Chapter
6135 N. Black Canyon Highway, Phoenix, 85015
Arizona Early Intervention Program
PO Box 1151, Globe, 85502
Arizona Foundation for the Handicap
208 W. Main St., Casa Grande, 85122
Big Brothers/Big Sisters
798 N. Picacho St., Casa Grande, AZ 85122
Celebrate Life Family Support Center
18705 N. John Wayne Parkway, Maricopa, 85138
Chamber for Good
Chances for Children
9399 S. Priest Dr., Tempe, 85284
Chicanos Por La Causa
1046 E. Buckeye Rd., Phoenix, 85034
Childcare Resource & Referral
3910 S. Rural Rd. Ste. O, Tempe, 85282
19909 N Justin Dr., Maricopa, 85139
Community Action Human Resources Agency (CAHRA)
311 N. Main St., Eloy, 85131
Community Alliance Against Family Abuse
PO Box 3778, Apache Junction, 85217
185 N. Apache Trail Ste 1 Apache Junction, 85117
Office (480) 982-0205
Crisis (480) 982-0196
Department of Economic Security
401 N. Marshall St., Casa Grande, 85122-5244
Early Intervention Infant-Toddler Program Inc.
615 W. Cottonwood Ln. Ste 8, Casa Grande, 85122
21300 N. John Wayne Parkway Ste 103, Maricopa, 85139
Foundation for a Brighter Tomorrow
40165 W. Tamara Ln., Maricopa, 85138
F.O.R Maricopa Food Bank and Resource Center
19235 Gunsmoke Rd., Maricopa, 85138
Friends of the Maricopa Public Library
P.O. Box 663, Maricopa, AZ 85139
Gila River Indian Community Tribal Social Services
P.O. Box 427 Sacaton, 85147
7890 E. McClain Dr., Scottsdale, 85260
Horizon Human Services
210 E. Cottonwood Ln., Casa Grande, 85122
Kiwanis Club of Maricopa
20928 N. John Wayne Parkway, Maricopa, 85139
Maricopa Education Foundation
PO Box 1203, Maricopa, 85139
Maricopa Youth Football Inc
20928 N. John Wayne Pkwy St. C-11 #302, Maricopa, 85139
Maricopa Optimist Club
18705 N. John Wayne Parkway, Maricopa, 85139
Maricopa Trailblazers 4-H Club
20045 N. John Wayne Parkway #101, Maricopa, AZ 85139
79 North Morrison Avenue, Casa Grande, 85122
National Native American Emergency Medical Services Association
P.O. Box 80 Maricopa, 85139
Pinal County Housing Department
970 N Eleven Mile Corner Rd. Casa Grande, 85122
St. Vincent de Paul
405 E. 2nd St., Casa Grande, 85122
Sun Life Family Health Center
44765 N. Hathaway Rd, Maricopa, 85139
The Salvation Army/ Casa Grande Corps
PO Box 57 Maricopa, AZ 85122
1333 N Center Ave, Casa Grande, 85122
44625 W. Garvey Ave. Maricopa, 85138
Youth Health USA
20928 N. John Wayne Pkwy Ste. C-13 #151 Maricopa, 85139
Elder Affairs Program - State Agency
1275 West Washington Street, Phoenix, 85007
Pinal Gila Council for Senior Citizens, Area Agency on Aging V
8969 W. McCartney Road, Casa Grande, 85194-7432
Solace Place Assisted Living
43221 W. Elizabeth Ave., Maricopa, 85138
VFW Post 12043
Arizona Small Business Association
4600 E Washington St. #340 Phoenix, 85034
Arizona Workforce Connection
1015 E Florence Blvd #A100, Casa Grande, 85122
Better Business Bureau
Central Arizona Small Business Development Center
540 N. Camino Mercado Ste. 1 , Casa Grande, 85122-5751
Maricopa Women in Business
PO Box 1422, Maricopa, 85139
31 N. Pinal Ave., Florence, 85132
APS Low Income Residential Programs/APS Energy Support Program (E-3)
P.O. Box 2907, Phoenix, 85062
Qwest Communications /TAP
Southwest Gas Low Income Rate Payers Assistance
SRP Life Support Discount