Animal control (520) 509-3555
Environmental Health (866) 287-0209
Graffiti & Abandoned Vehicles on Public Property (520) 568-3673
The City of Maricopa strives to maintain the character and aesthetic quality of the community by working with property owners to ensure compliance with existing City regulations. The City of Maricopa Code Compliance Division is dedicated to protecting the public health, safety and welfare, while ensuring every citizen the right to a clean, enjoyable neighborhood. Click here for community resources.
Click on a tab below to expand the menu and learn more about Common Concerns.
- Fencing and screening walls must be structurally sound and in good repair. They must also be maintained so that they are free from deterioration and blight.
- Graffiti must be removed from any street or other public or private property. The responsible party of the property shall re-move any graffiti on the property within ten (10) days of the discovery of the graffiti.
- Home based businesses should not cause excessive traffic, noise, odor or other unsafe or undesirable conditions. Click here for Economic Development content.
- Individuals should not cause or permit excessive, unnecessary or offensive noise which disturbs the peace and quiet of the adjoining property or neighborhood; or allow or permit noise which causes discomfort or annoyance to any reasonable person.
- Individuals should not cause an inconvenience or annoyance to the public. Failure to perform any act required to remove or stop a nuisance is unlawful. This includes failure to comply with a court order or abatement.
- For barking dogs, please contact Pinal County Animal Control at (520) 509-3555
- Pools must be maintained so water does not become stagnant or green.
- Report green swimming pools to Pinal County Environmental Health at (866) 287-0209
- Signs are not permitted on any utility pole or structure, street-light, traffic signal, tree, fence, fire hydrant, park bench or other location on public property.
- Right-of-ways, medians, and sight visibility triangles should be kept free of signs.
- Garage sales are limited to four (4) per year.
- Signs are limited to residential districts only and cannot exceed four (4) square feet in area.
- Signs may be displayed no longer than 72 hours (3 days) and must be removed at the conclusion of the event or sale.
- Property owners and tenants are responsible for maintaining their property free of litter, weeds, filth and other debris at all times.
- Trash cannot be placed on any public or private property within City limits.
- Individuals must not deposit any trash in any non-public container that he or she does not own or is not otherwise entitled to use.
- Unsheltered storage of any abandoned vehicle or abandoned vehicle parts on any private property within the city limits for a period of 15 days or more is considered a nuisance and dangerous to public safety and is prohibited.
Abandoned vehicle is any vehicle:
- Without current license plates or tags
- Under repair taking 72 hours or more