Business Resources during COVID-19
Maricopa is curating a list of resources that can assist your business with challenges related to coronavirus.
- Arizona Commerce Authority
- ACA COVID-19 Business Resources
- CDC Business Resources
- Greater Phoenix Economic Council
- National Institute of Health
- Small Business Administration Disaster Loans
Visit our federal and state legislation page for more information on how legislation and executive orders will affect your business.
Some business owners have been asked for business licenses during their disaster loan application process. Effective January 1st, 2019 business licenses are no longer required or issued by the City of Maricopa, with the exception of Regulated Businesses. This does not eliminate any other city/county/state/permitting requirements. If you are a Regulated Business you are still required to apply for a Business License.
Regulated businesses include:
- Scrap Dealers and Second Hand Dealers
- Tobacco Retail Establishments
- Massage Establishments
- Tattoo and/or Body Piercing Establishments
- After Hours Establishments
For definitions and additional details, click here to read City Code Chapter 8.
The City of Maricopa's Economic Development Project Manager is dedicated to helping entrepreneurs and small businesses locate the assistance they need to be successful in the community. A strong partnership with the following local organizations allows us to offer a wide menu of services:
- Arizona Commerce Authority, Small Business Services - start, operate and grow a business in Arizona
- Maricopa Chamber of Commerce - small business assistance
- Central Arizona College's Small Business Development Center - business start-up assistance
The bulleted items below are economic development programs, assistance opportunities and tools designed to assist the business community:
- Ombudsman Assistance Program
- Market & Demographic Research Assistance
- Site Selection Assistance
- Additional Holiday Season Businesses Signage
- Pre-Application Conferences
- Bid Notification System - City of Maricopa bid postings
- Vendor Registration
- Facade Improvement Program
- Assistance Obtaining State Incentives (Job Training, R&D Tax Credits, Quality Job Tax Credits, etc.)
- City Development Agreements
- Business Registry Program
Start Up Resources
If you are starting a new small business in the community, there are several useful resources and online step-by-step guides to assist you through the initial process.
- Arizona Commerce Authority provides an online checklist for starting, operating and growing a business in Arizona.
- Trade Names, Trademarks & Service Marks - AZ Secretary of State
- Arizona Entrepreneur's Edge - AZ Commerce Authority
- How to Start a Business in Pinal County - Central AZ College SBDC