Animal Emergencies

Luke Ziccardi
Animal Control Officer
M-Th, 7AM - 6PM
Email Luke

After Hours 
Maricopa PD Non-Emergency Line
M-Th, 6PM - 7AM, Weekends, Holidays

Pinal County Animal Shelter
1150 S Eleven Mile Corner
Casa Grande, AZ 85194
Email Pinal County Animal Shelter
More Information

Pet Goods & Services

Find local businesses catering to animal needs on Maricopa's Business Registry.

Business Registry

Animal Care & Control

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
If you have experienced an animal-related emergency, please call 911.
For non-emergency animal-related calls, please call 520-316-6812 Monday-Thursday, or 520-568-3673 Friday-Sunday

The mission of City of Maricopa Animal Care & Control is for Maricopans to live in a community that promotes the humane treatment of animals through education, advocacy, and community service. While providing compassionate animal protection along with protecting public safety and animal welfare, the City of Maricopa works in partnership with Pinal County Animal Care and Control to address issues including lost & found pets, dog bites, and more. Contact us if you require assistance with:

  • SantiRabies control
  • Impounding of stray or dangerous dogs
  • Investigating cruelty cases
  • Educating the public to be more responsible pet owners
  • Handling excessive barking complaints
  • Assisting injured animals
  • Enforcing state laws, county ordinances, and city codes that pertain to the licensing, treatment and control of domestic animals


State law requires all dogs over the age of three months to be vaccinated against rabies. The license requirement is to allow city or county agencies to ensure that the dog has a current rabies vaccination. It also gives animal control agencies a way to identify the owner of an impounded animal so they can get the animal back home. You must have a copy of a current rabies vaccination certificate from a licensed veterinarian that is good for at least one year. You can visit the Maricopa Wells Veterinary Hospital at 41620 W Maricopa-Casa Grande Hwy Suite 101 and purchase your license. Click here for more information and details on obtaining a license by mail.

 Feral Cats


Need Help with Outdoor Cats?

Please fill out and submit this form for the Animal Defense League of Arizona (ADLA) to request feral cats to be trapped, neutered, and returned (TNR).

You can also use the same link to schedule appointments with ADLA to spay/neuter your outdoor cats.

Pet & Animal Resources