The City of Maricopa General Plan is divided into three sections, these are:
- Section I: Introduction
- Section II: General Plan Elements
- Section III: General Plan Implementation highlights policy coordination with the City’s 2040 Vision Strategic Plan, specific General Plan monitoring actions, and provides guidelines for land use decision-making.
The General Plan is intended to provide a framework for all of the interrelated functions of the City of Maricopa. To define the General Plan we can say:
The General Plan is:
- an expression of the preferences of residents and property owners
- a statement of City policy designed to achieve the citizen’s vision
- a framework for future decision making
- a means of enhancing the quality of life of the citizens
- a legal requirement under Arizona State Law
The General Plan is not:
- a tool to promote special interests
- a rigid, unchanging or inflexible document
- a detailed policy or ordinance for specific properties or areas
- a Capital Improvement Plan
- a zoning map
The Maricopa General Plan is intended as a guide. It summarizes the purpose of the Plan, goals and objectives to achieve the vision for future Maricopa and the required General Plan Elements for a community over 50,000 in population. All Elements are interrelated and intended to be considered collectively in public and private decision-making. Users are strongly urged not to rely on select, excerpted statements; but, rather, are encouraged to consider all the subject matter of the Maricopa General Plan as a whole.
Maricopa welcomes users of the Maricopa General Plan, and our City staff stands ready to assist in any way possible. Inquiries regarding the General Plan should be made to the City of Maricopa, 39700 W. Civic Center Plaza, Maricopa, Arizona 85138, phone (520) 568-9098.